Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Was Fun, But We Wish Fall Would Come

If you ask anyone who grew up in North Carolina about the weather down here they'll tell you the same thing; you have to suffer through July and August before you can enjoy the rest of the months. This summer was even worse than usual. We haven't gone a full week without at least a couple of heat advisories since May. We've enjoyed the nice summer days that we've had here and there, but we're all ready for it to cool down just a bit. Maybe Aunt Carissa will bring cooler temps. with her next week :)
A few new pictures:
Last week, I got to watch Dad play softball every night in his week-long tournament. Dad's team did good so he even got to bring home a medal for me. I am really proud of my medal and have shown it off to people at the post office, the park, the mall, and the grocery store.


I went to an antique store one day and didn't even mess with any of the very tempting breakable items, but did find this fun Ryan-sized bench that I think is pretty cool.

(Hopefully I never have to use it for its intended purpose)

I am a man of many caps. I grab a cap no matter where I'm going, which now includes the bathtub too.


Besides baseball caps, I also like to wear bandannas on my head, and last week I was silly and even tried out one of Mom's headbands.


And a picture of us all before a barbeque at our friends' house.

No comments: