Mom and I drove up to Virginia last weekend to visit Mom's friends, Courtney and Melissa, and walk in the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life. We were so busy that Mom forgot to take pictures the whole weekend. So, I'll just tell you everything we did.
When we got up to Virginia on Friday afternoon Mom and I drove to the Merit School where Mom used to work in Stafford. Mom was so excited because when we got there some of the kids came running to us saying "Ms. Amanda, Ms. Amanda!" Mom didn't know if any of her kids would remember her since she hadn't seen them for a year, but she was so happy to see them and know that they remembered her. I got to hang out and play on the playground with the big kids for a while. I had so much fun. I love hanging out with big kids! Mom and I also talked with Mom's old co-workers for a while. It was so nice to meet all of them!
Then, Mom and I went to Courtney's house and I got to see her huge dogs! Miss Courtney has two Great Danes, Roxy and Merlin. They are huge! Way bigger than my puppies! I got so excited around them and they loved me and gave me so many kisses! I just giggled at them and wanted to pet them the whole time. I also got to try and chase Miss Courtney's cat, Tinkerbell, around for a while. I can't wait to go back to see Roxy and Merlin, and next time Mom is going to remember to take pictures.
On Saturday morning we went to set up for the Relay. The opening ceremonies were at noon and it was nice and sunny and not too hot. But by about 3:00 it got really hot and humid so Mom and I went back to hang out at the hotel for a little bit. And then it started storming really bad so they had to stop the relay for a little while and everyone had to go hang out in the high school, so luckily Mom and I were still at the hotel. We went back Saturday night when the weather cleared up, but after only a couple hours we could see a bad storm coming again so Mom and I went back to the hotel. The rest of our team and most of the other teams left too. There ended up being thunderstorms all night and the next morning. So, Mom was really bummed out that we didn't get to enjoy the relay a little more. Hopefully next year the weather will be better.
Thanks to everyone who donated to the Relay For Life!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment