Monday, February 22, 2010

"Put Me In The Zoo"

Yesterday, Mom, Dad, and me went to the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro. We had so much fun and got to see so many cool animals. We started out the day on the North America trail and here were my favorite animals from that trail:
The first animals of the day were the sea lions.

There was even a window underground so that we could see the sea lions swimming around.
I showed Dad the sea lions too.

Next, off to the see the polar bear!

Mom, Dad, and me have never seen a polar bear up close before. He was really cool!

Me and Dad liked this big elk that was in with the buffalo. Mom and Dad said that I'll get to see buffalo when we go camping in South Dakota this summer; and, if we're lucky, we'll get to see some elk too! I can't wait!

We all had fun on the North America Trail in the morning. Then, after lunch it was warm enough for all the Africa Trail animals to be outside.
The elephants were my favorite on this trail! (If you look real close you can even see a rhino way in the background in the middle of the picture)

I liked the mom elephant (by the rock) the best.

Me and my mom checking out the rest of the elphant exhibit.


I ran around the zoo all morning and into the afternoon, so needles to say, I was...

Yep, we were almost through the Africa Trail when I decided to take a break in my stroller and take a rest. I guess the lion (in the background) was a little sleepy too. So, we both took a little catnap.
See, even great big tough lions need a break too.

Mom loves monkeys and apes so her favorite animals at the zoo were the chimps, this one below in particular. She was sitting there all by herself, and then, she saw us and..

Decided to come visit!


She must like us because she came and sat by us for a while. She really seemed to like me because she kept watching me sleeping in my stroller.

So of course Mom fell in love with this chimp and has already started planning our next trip back to the zoo so we can visit her again :)

No comments: